Land Rover Series II A
1971 Series iia
£28,000 to £46,000
This exact car was £33,300.
Perhaps our most stunning conversion to date, this old girl really is something special. After a full nut and bolt restoration down in Cornwall, this 2a came to us for the EV treatment – which of course, with her new gearbox, suspension, axles etc, meant that the work was as easy as it gets, in fact our kit was installed in just a week. She’s owned by a young family in Surrey, who use her when their Porsche Taycan isn’t up for the job – things like trips to the stables, mountain biking and green lane picnics. In the summer she heads down to Cornwall to tow the family boat around and be enjoyed with surf boards on the roof and plenty of trips down to the beach!
Series ii a
|Original Diesel Engine
|3.6 Tonnes of CO2 per annum
|7kWh AC Charging
- Specialist EV conversion motor, the Netgain Hyper9, mounted to the original 4-speed manual gearbox.
- Original clutch and flywheel maintained, allowing for gear changes if desired.
- City/countryside driving uses 3rd gear exclusively, A-Road/motorway driving uses 4th gear.
- 44kWh of Tesla Model S batteries used, this consists of seven P100D modules.
- All seven battery modules are mounted under the bonnet.
- Batteries are wired in series, producing 144 volts nominal, they are water cooled and monitored using state of the art battery management systems.
- Charging is possible from any EV charge point, as well as from a 3-pin plug at home.
- Standard AC charging allows for a 6 hour full charge.
- Charging from a 3-pin plug allows for a 12 hour full charge.
- Regenerative braking input controlled by brake pedal.
- 3kW heater provides cabin heating through original ducting.
- Fully reversible powertrain design.
- Heated windscreen
- Built: Q3 2023