Land Rover Series II A
1971 Series iia
£28,000 to £46,000
This exact car was £33,300.
This delightful Series IIa is very smart with its fresh paint job, new roof and new interior- this was all part of a lovely restoration done before her electrification. Her owner, an EV industry entrepreneur from Sheffield wanted to keep her alive whilst maintaining his reputation in the EV industry, something he couldn’t do whilst bellowing smoke out of the back! Tesla batteries sit up the front in the engine bay, with a motor underneath, whilst all of the controllers are mounted under the floor in the back.
Series ii a
|Electric Conversion||Original Diesel Engine|
|Power||120 Horsepower||66 Horsepower|
|Acceleration (0-60mph)||12 Seconds||25 Seconds|
|Emissions||0||3.6 Tonnes of CO2 per annum|
|Charging||7kWh AC Charging|
- Specialist EV conversion motor, the Netgain Hyper9, mounted to the original 4-speed manual gearbox.
- Original clutch and flywheel maintained, allowing for gear changes if desired.
- City/countryside driving uses 3rd gear exclusively, A-Road/motorway driving uses 4th gear.
- 37.1kWh of Tesla Model S batteries used, this consists of seven modules.
- All seven battery modules are mounted under the bonnet.
- Batteries are wired in series, producing 150 volts, they are water cooled and monitored using state of the art battery management systems.
- Charging is possible from any EV charge point, as well as from a 3-pin plug at home.
- Standard AC charging allows for a 6 hour full charge.
- Charging from a 3-pin plug allows for a 12 hour full charge.
- Regenerative braking input controlled by brake pedal.
- 3kW heater provides cabin heating through original ducting.
- Fully reversible powertrain design.
- Built: Q2 2023