£28,000 to £46,000
This exact car was £37,500.
Living down in the depths of Cornwall, this Jeep is the most fun way to head down to the beach – you can imagine it in the height of summer with the roof folded back! The car came to us and had an exterior spruce up before being electrified. It’s been resprayed, has rejuvenated trim and a new canvas roof, making it look brand new. It’s owner went with the long range option of 10 Tesla batteries on the electrification front, meaning this is more than just a town run about, it’s now used to find the best hidden beaches across the South-West. Maintaining the original gearbox, 4wd systems and off-road gear ratios, it’s even more competent off-road than ever before.
|Original Petrol Engine
|3.2 Tonnes of CO2 per annum
|7kWh AC Charging
- Specialist EV conversion motor, the Netgain Hyper9, mounted to the original 5-speed manual gearbox.
- Original clutch and flywheel maintained, allowing for gear changes if desired.
- City/countryside driving uses 3rd gear exclusively, A-Road/motorway driving uses 4th gear.
- 53kWh of Tesla Model S batteries used, this consists of 10 modules.
- Six battery modules are mounted under the bonnet and the remaining four are mounted in the rear, where the fuel tank was.
- Batteries are wired in two series loops which are paralleled together, producing 120 volts.
- Entire battery pack is water cooled and monitored using state of the art battery management systems.
- Charging is possible from any EV charge point, as well as from a 3-pin plug at home.
- Standard AC charging allows for an 8 hour full charge.
- Charging from a 3-pin plug allows for a 18 hour full charge.
- Regenerative braking input controlled by brake pedal.
- 3kW heater provides cabin heating through original ducting.
- Fully reversible powertrain design.
- Built: Q4 2022