1988 Twisted Edition
£28,000 to £50,000
This exact car was £50,000
Built Q2 2023.
This pick-up, with its 2-inch lift kit and 18-inch rims is nothing short of a beast. The supercharged V8 that we took out of it, admittedly made a lovely noise – but although it was loud, that noise didn’t seem to correspond into speed! The high spec Defender electrification that we’ve given this car complements its various other cosmetic and mechanical upgrades – and those installed by renowned Defender rebuilders, Twisted.
Land Rover Defender
Short wheel base truck cab
|Electric Conversion||Original Petrol Engine|
|Power||280 Horsepower||180 Horsepower|
|Acceleration (0-60mph)||5 Seconds||11 Seconds|
|Emissions||0||4.5 Tonnes of CO2 per annum|
|Charging||Combined AC and DC Charging|
- Tesla Model 3 motor longitudinally mounted in the gearbox tunnel, sending drive to front and rear differentials.
- The Tesla motor is rebuilt with new internal gear sets, couplings and a new inverter.
- 55kWh of brand new batteries are mounted in the engine bay in a purpose built battery box.
- Batteries run at 350 volts, are water cooled and monitored using state of the art battery management systems.
- Charging is possible from any EV charge point, as well as from a 3-pin plug at home.
- Super fast DC charging allows for a 45 minute full charge.
- Standard AC charging allows for a 8 hour full charge.
- Regenerative braking input controlled by brake pedal.
- Steering upgraded to electric power steering.
- Gauges swapped for custom made dials, showing speed, current, temperature, and state of charge.
- 3kW heater provides cabin heating through original ducting.
- All new interior.
- Built: Q2 2023