Land Rover Series II A
1969 Series iia
£28,000 to £46,000
This exact car was £29,000.
This delightful Series IIa is bursting with character, it had a long working life on a farm up North before its current owner bought it down to London, where it has become an inner city run-about. It’s safe to say the owner of this one is fully in love with his car, every spare moment is spent tinkering with it and slowly restoring it, whether that be mounting the spare wheel somewhere different or touching up the paint on the bulkhead. It’s electric conversion has not changed this, it has however allowed him to drive it around London ULEZ free, Congestion Charge free and most importantly guilt free. The family man with an eco concience has said good-bye to smoke and hello to modern city driving, in an electric Land Rover.
Series ii a
|Electric Conversion||Original Diesel Engine|
|Power||120 Horsepower||66 Horsepower|
|Acceleration (0-60mph)||12 Seconds||25 Seconds|
|Emissions||0||3.6 Tonnes of CO2 per annum|
|Charging||7kWh AC Charging|
- Specialist EV conversion motor, the Netgain Hyper9, mounted to the original 4-speed manual gearbox.
- Original clutch and flywheel maintained, allowing for gear changes if desired.
- City/countryside driving uses 3rd gear exclusively, A-Road/motorway driving uses 4th gear.
- 26.5kWh of Tesla Model S batteries used, this consists of five modules.
- All five battery modules are mounted under the bonnet.
- Batteries are wired in series, producing 120 volts, they are water cooled and monitored using state of the art battery management systems.
- Charging is possible from any EV charge point, as well as from a 3-pin plug at home.
- Standard AC charging allows for a 4 hour full charge.
- Charging from a 3-pin plug allows for a 10 hour full charge.
- Regenerative braking input controlled by brake pedal.
- 3kW heater provides cabin heating through original ducting.
- Fully reversible powertrain design.
- Built: Q2 2022