Land Rover Series III
1984 Series 3
£28,000 to £46,000
This exact car was £29,000.
This Series 3 was restored by its previous owner, an enthusiast who over five years rebuilt every aspect of the car to an exceptional standard. Pre-conversion it was a beautiful vehicle to drive, now electrified, it’s one of the nicest Series 3’s out there. The Land Rover was sourced for the client, who wanted an eco runabout for their holiday home in the Algarve region of Portugal, where electric vehicles are strongly encouraged. Now it regularly has surf-boards, kids and sand in the back and without its roof on, is the coolest way to cruise around the Portuguese beachside town.
|Electric Conversion||Original Petrol Engine|
|Power||120 Horsepower||66 Horsepower|
|Acceleration (0-60mph)||12 Seconds||25 Seconds|
|Emmissions||0||3.6 Tonnes of CO2 per annum|
|Charging||7kWh AC Charging|
- Specialist EV conversion motor, the Netgain Hyper9, mounted to the original 4-speed manual gearbox.
- Original clutch and flywheel maintained, allowing for gear changes if desired.
- City/countryside driving uses 3rd gear exclusively, A-Road/motorway driving uses 4th gear.
- 26.5kWh of Tesla Model S batteries used, this consists of five modules.
- All five battery modules are mounted under the bonnet.
- Batteries are wired in series, producing 120 volts, they are water cooled and monitored using state of the art battery management systems.
- Charging is possible from any EV charge point, as well as from a 3-pin plug at home.
- Standard AC charging allows for a 4 hour full charge.
- Charging from a 3-pin plug allows for a 10 hour full charge.
- Regenerative braking input controlled by brake pedal.
- Stereo installed.
- Fully reversible powertrain design.
- Built: Q2 2022